4/29/2009

Goodbye, Rudy

Over the months since he arrived last October and after recovering from the severe pneumonia that followed, Rudy gained weight and grew strong. He even learned how to run on the grass and loved his supervised expeditions outdoors. His running was awkward and wild and more than a little out of control, but his joy was obvious. Always brave and adventurous, my Rudy.

Rudy died in his sleep the night of April 19. We buried him under the lilac bushes, decorated his grave, and sang him goodbye. I'm sorry I didn't share sooner, but I just couldn't. From the start, Rudy and I had an intense connection, and his loss has affected me deeply. I'm so grateful that he got to experience joy and love and grass and sunshine and kitty snuggles and sleeping in a bed and everything that he never experienced in the 8 months he lived in a cage before arriving at CROW. I hope he got to do everything he wanted to do, and I rest easy knowing that I did everything I could for him.

short video



Photobucket

I love you, Rudy. I miss you. Goodbye.

--Whitney

2 comments:

  1. So sweet. RIP Rudy. I'm sorry this was so hard on you, Whit. He had a good lastyear, though. You made sure of that. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears for you and a smile for little Rudy. You gave him so much, Whit, and you told his little story beautifully. Thanks from all of us.

    ReplyDelete