- Use a strong box, crate, or doghouse as a shelter.
- Insulate the shelter with thick plastic or insulation scraps to keep out our strong winds and severe cold.
- Blankets and towels retain moisture, so use hay, straw, or synthetic insulating material those those used for camping or saddle covers.
- Leave a small opening just big enough for the cats to enter. Be sure to put the opening on a side of the shelter that's protected from the icy winds.
- Put the shelter on bricks or pallets to get it off the ground. This will keep the shelter warmer and keep it from rotting.
15 hours ago